Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio (ICCGS) is celebrating 10 years of teaching, learning and creating in Cedar Rapids. There are two anniversary events scheduled to celebrate the incredible creative community that iCCGS has built over the past 10 years.
ICCGS is Celebrating their 10th Anniversary with two upcoming events:
- Free Family Fun Day and Open House – Saturday, September 14th, from 10 am – 1 pm.
‘Free Family Fun Day’ will take place on Saturday, September 14th, from 10 am. to 1 pm. in the main studio. The Center will offer free family clay workshops throughout the day, including demonstrations to celebrate a decade of creating together. Items created will be fired, free of charge, and available for pickup at a later date.
- Power of 10 Fundraiser – Saturday, October 5th, from 5 – 8 pm.
The ‘Power of 10 Fundraiser’ will take place Saturday, October 5th, at CSPS hall, from 5 – 8 pm. Tickets are available for $30-$50 on the Center’s website.
The evening will feature an art exhibition of ICCGS artists. Food, beverages and entertainment will be provided.
As a non-profit, ICCGS has provided accessible arts education in the ceramic and glass arts to the corridor area for over a decade now. Through its various community enrichment programs, it has engaged over 25,000 people during the last ten years.
Funding from the community has supported Outreach Programs in the following ways:
- Increased programming to underserved youth by 50%, reaching 8,000 children.
- Purchase of a Mobile Outreach Van in March 2015.
- Workshops at local schools and large area events, such as the Marion Arts Festival and events at the NewBo marketplace, Brucemore, Indian Creek Nature Center and the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art.
- Purchase of 50% of our materials for community programming.
- Provided affordable studio space to our community members.
- Purchased a new kiln for community programming.
In addition to its countless outreach programs, the Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio offers classes for all ages and experience levels and serves as a distinctive creative hub in the NewBo district, bringing in professional artists from around the nation for exhibitions and demonstrations.