September 3, 2017
FREE BOOTHS FOR ARTISTS
Artist AWARDS $500/$300/$200
To submit click https://client.smarterentry.
The 11th Annual New Bo Art Fest in Cedar Rapids, IA, will take place in the heart of Cedar Rapids’ New Bohemia Art & Entertainment District. Don’t miss out!The New Bo Art Fest is quickly rising to becoming one of the most unique art fests in the region. It’s popularity is due to the intrinsic artistic vibe of the New Bo neighborhood. Because of this organic vortex of creativity, the New Bo Art Fest draws attendees, of all ages, reaching way beyond Cedar Rapids. But the New Bo Art Fest isn’t just an “event.” That is too common a word for what is happening here. Everyone who visits our neighborhood and experiences our art fest, feels like they take away with them, a part of that New Bo spirit. And that is priceless. The New Bo Art Fest is a juried show.2017 will be the 11th year of the New Bo Art Fest.
Sunday, September 3rd from 7:00am- 9:00pm.
Events at the New Bo Art Fest.
– FREE booths for artists
– Live mural spray
– Fashion tent by Iowa Fashion Project
– NextGen Artist Invitationalm(High school and college artists are nominated by their art instructors to participate. The students get a free table at the fest to display and sell their art)
– Sculpture Invitational (held in the Cherry Building)
– Ceramics Center demonstrations
– Yahoo Drummers (who are an interactive music group for children)
– New Bo Run (with 1500 runners from all over the region)
– Kid Zone – with art crafts and painting
– Giant puzzles for kids & adults
– New Bo Gallery Walk & Studio Tour
(the Cherry Building, Ceramics Center, CSPS, galleries, and artist studios)
Also below – some of the local businesses that are within our 3-5 block neighborhood
that make New Bo a point of destination for our city.
The New Bohemia District is part of the Czech Village/New Bohemia Main Street historical area that includes :
– NewBo City Market local food vendors serving : Mexican, Mediterranean, Korean, hamburgers, grilled cheese, cupcakes, a bakery, pizza, chocolates, coffee shop, juice bar, popcorn, creps, local wine and beer bar
– CSPS/Legion Arts – an international music, art and performance venue
– Restaurants/bars/coffee shops: Bata’s, Pig & the Porter, Coucho, Brewhemia, Parlor City, NewBo City Market food vendors, Kickstand
– Raygun – a clothing design and printing shop
– Great American Popcorn Company – a specialty ice cream and popcorn shop
– Next Page Books – book botique
– Delve – a fabric shop that turns art into fabric
– Top Drawer – second hand furniture
– NewBo Mercantile – gently used clothing
– Baby Time – family boutique
– EduSkate Board Shop – everything skate boards
– Ceramics Center located in the Cherry Building
– Cherry Building artists’ studios and art galleries
– Lion Bridge Brewery
Village Meat Market Restaurant