Support arts, culture & entrepreneurship in your community!
Make a gift to our 2018 Spring Drive
Our community has grown so much together over the last year. With your help, we continue to serve the Czech Village-New Bohemia Main Street District by providing the vision for a successful future. Our organization helps leverage grants and other resources with private investment to make a big impact. We assist in bringing new businesses to our community, creating new jobs for our workforce. But it goes beyond just getting them here; we help create an environment for success. Whether it is driving traffic to their door through marketing and events, providing resources for growth such as a revolving loan fund, or holding networking events to spark collaboration, Main Street is a catalyst for change.
Now, you can help Czech Village-New Bohemia Main Street make Cedar Rapids a distinctive destination. Your investment will aid the following initiatives in 2018:
- Provide Small Business Support & Engagement to our network of nearly 200 businesses; filling vacant spaces with unique businesses offering experiences that can only be found here.
- Develop a Cohesive Vision among stakeholders; defining goals for the next phase of revitalization.
- Build grant funds to promote Infill Development & Historic Preservation.
- Enhance the Resident & Visitor Experience through improvements such as wayfinding signage and increased housing, shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
We have big goals and your financial support can help make them a reality.
With the generous donations received last year, the Czech Village/New Bohemia Main Street District was able to achieve great things!
• Hosted 4 business-to-business networking events
• Red Ball Printing received $500 prize at Open 4 Business competition
• Rawlicious received $250 prize at Open 4 Business competition
• Shared important resources in a twice monthly Business Newsletter
• Business Recruitment Committee was formed to actively work on infill development
• Advocated to retain the Historic Tax Credit
• Awarded $7,000 in grants for building improvements
• Planted & maintained 63 flower beds for Czech Village New Bohemia SSMID
• $17.9M increase in taxable property value
• Partner in core district wayfinding study to enhance visitor navigation
• Completed Challenge Grant Project: White Elephant Building
• Available Property page on website
MAIN STREET REFRESH
• Transformed Organizational Structure to better align with Mission and Key Programming.
• New committee structure more clearly defines goals, and allows for cross-communication between teams.
• Provides opportunities for volunteer engagement at various levels.
• Hosted inaugural Robert Chadima Awards
• Launched Linn County Main Street campaign with ads in Midwest Living, TripAdvisor, IPR, and regional publications
• Conducted 32 public presentations, tours, and interviews about District successes
• Expanded digital Holiday Guide for the district with 6,212 views
With your tax-deductible gift, we can continue to make a difference. Please make a donation through the link at the top of the page or by check made payable to CVNB Main Street and sent to 1107 3rd Street SE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401.