A public tour of the Geonetric building and the exciting things going on here, including:
- Geonetric: A 7-time Inc. 5000 Award winning company that develops web sites and digital strategies for hospitals and health systems across the US. Geonetric has a perfectly flat org chart and runs without traditional management; all teams are self-organizing, and we’re now settled in to our shiny new space.
- Vault Coworking: The heart of Cedar Rapids’ startup ecosystem, Vault is home to tech startups, creatives, and other professionals working to build their businesses, as well as education programs for entrepreneurs.
- NewBoCo: an aggressive nonprofit that operates more than a dozen unique programs including K-12 STEAM education, startup support programs, and corporate innovation.
- Iowa Startup Accelerator: Iowa’s first accelerator is an intensive program that matches tech-based startups with world-class mentors, Midwestern work ethic, seed funding, and product development expertise to accelerate their business to a successful exit.
- The Catalyst Cafe, our private cafe used as home base for 1 Million Cups, STEM programs for kids like CoderDojo, meetup events for tech and creative professionals, and more.
- Iowa BIG: Iowa’s entrepreneurial high school program.
- Vault Prototyping Labs: our virtual reality and hardware engineering prototyping facilities.
- DeltaV Code School: Iowa’s first and only adult code school.
The tour is free, open to the public, and will last a little less than an hour. If you’re over 21, you’re invited to join us for our weekly celebration of progress called Whiskey Friday, after the tour.
We will also talk about the historic nature of this neighborhood, in particular the business and industrial heritage of the NewBo area.