Volunteers are needed!
Cedar Rapids Main Street holds several events throughout the year, but we can’t do it alone. We rely on the kindness of others to help. We know your time is valuable, that is why we have set up a page on volunteerlocal.com, so you can determine your availability. Thank you for helping to make our district one we can be proud of!
Join a Committee!
Want to get more involved with the Czech Village-New Bohemia Main Street District? Join one of these four committees that matches your interests and help us achieve our vision of creating a vibrant arts, culture, and entertainment destination in the heart of Cedar Rapids.
Our Main Street program follows the National Main Street Center’s 4-Point Approach® and is organized into committees that spearhead activities supporting the following goals:
- Organization: to establish a strong Main Street organization which utilizes a growing number of participants in the implementation and funding of the program. Activities include fundraising, public relations, internal and external communication, and volunteer development.
- Promotion: to market the Main Street district to establish a unified image and encourage an exciting variety of activities for all members of the community. By marketing the district’s unique characteristics to shoppers, investors, new businesses, and visitors, an effective promotion strategy forges a positive image through advertising, retail promotional activity, special events, and marketing campaigns carried out by local volunteers.
- Design: to encourage improvement of the Main Street district’s physical appearance. Capitalizing on our best assets-such as historic buildings and traditional downtown layout is just part of the story. An inviting atmosphere created through window displays, parking areas, signs, sidewalks, street lights, and landscaping conveys a visual message about what Main Street is and what it has to offer. Activities also include building inventory, public improvements, design/historic preservation assistance, education, and awareness.
- Economic Vitality: to strengthen and broaden the economic base of our Main Street District. By helping existing downtown businesses expand and recruiting new ones to respond to today’s market, Main Street programs help convert unused space into productive property and sharpen the competitiveness of business enterprises.
- Committees typically meet once a month. Contact the Main Street office via email at email@example.com for more information.