Czech Village-New Bohemia Main Street District
Resource Development Director
The Resource Development Director (Director) is responsible for securing financial resources through grants and appeals which will support the organization’s programs and services. The Director is also responsible for helping to build and manage the organization’s brand and all aspects of marketing communications to raise awareness of the organization. The Director reports to the Executive Director (ED), and works closely with the Program Assistant and Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Jennifer Pruden, Executive Director
Czech Village-New Bohemia Main Street
1107 3rd Street SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Czech Village-New Bohemia Main Street (CVNB Main Street) is a non-profit organization founded in 2009 to oversee community and economic development of the district through participation in the nationally recognized, Main Street America program. CVNB Main Street utilizes historic preservation, placemaking, technical and financial assistance programs to create a thriving environment for small business success as well as one of the leading visitor attractions in the state.
The Resource Development Director is responsible for the development of all marketing and fundraising strategies to grow the base of philanthropic support and increase public awareness of CVNB Main Street. The Resource Development Director, who will report to the Executive Director, will set the organization’s strategic fundraising agenda to achieve and exceed its revenue goals through the solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation support and grants. The Director also builds and manages brand identity and all aspects of marketing communication to raise awareness of the organization and its programs.
- Develop and execute CVNB Main Street’s annual fundraising plan (including, but not limited to investment drive, fundraising events, sponsorship requests, grants, and earned income programs)
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations (both charitable gifts and sponsorships)
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation, grant and corporate fundraising
- Develop and track earned income programs and manage stakeholder participation
- Maintain data entry and gift processing using QuickBooks and DonorSnap software
- Oversee planning of special events to maximize fundraising opportunities
- Oversee a board development committee and provide regular reports to the board
- Participate in our Main Street grant programs including: Building Improvement Grant, Biz Boost Growth & Innovation Grant, Open 4 Business, Revolving Loan Fund, and Challenge Grant
- Develop marketing plan and steward a cohesive brand for CVNB Main Street in all organizational programming and communications
- Work with Program Assistant to develop marketing products and delivery of communication materials across multiple channels
- Requires Bachelor’s degree.
- One to three years of experience in development preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
Hours and Salary
- This is a full-time exempt position with a minimum of 40 work hours per week
- Salary dependent on qualifications
- Benefits include paid holidays and vacation time
Applications will be accepted through September 27, 2018.